The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has a highly complex IT infrastructure that is managed by a commercial outsourcing partner. This contract is expiring after 10 years, and the NRCmust re-compete the contract and find an industry partner that can provide flexible, efficient, and cost effective technology solutions for the next 6 years.
Suntiva provided expert advice, guidance, and operational support to all of the acquisition activities and preparation of work products to ensure that all key acquisition milestones were met. Suntiva introduced the concept of ITIL v3 for IT Service Management and prepared the organization to manage all aspects of transition and the new program.
- NRC saved $1M in acquiring and managing its new IT Service contract
- NRC adopted ITIL v3 as a framework for the acquisition, and as an enabler for organizational process improvement
- NRC implemented a formal IT Service Management (ITSM) improvement initiative concurrent with the acquisition
- Suntiva-developed IT Cost Estimator Tool to provide accurate government cost estimates (IGCE); tool is called “Best in Class” by Gartner
- NRC has an effective program management approach to the new contract.